A significant factor to be considered when choosing a walkie-talkie is the signal distance it can cover. This works in a quite similar way with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connected devices. There is a wide variety of walkie-talkie devices, and they vary in the distance they are able to cover before the connection is lost.
The communication distance of the walkie-talkie depends on the antenna gain, height, transmitter output power, receiver sensitivity, electromagnetic environment and obstacles.
1. System parameters
1) The stronger the output power of the transmitter, the larger the coverage of the transmitted signal and the longer the communication distance. However, the transmission power should not be too large. Excessive transmission power will not only consume power and affect the life of the power amplifier components, but also have strong interference, affect the call effect of others, and also cause radiation pollution.
2) The higher the receiving sensitivity of the communication device, the longer the communication distance.
3) The gain of the antenna. When the antenna is matched with the machine, usually, the height of the antenna increases, and the receiving or transmitting ability is enhanced. Antennas used in handheld walkie-talkies are generally helical antennas, whose bandwidth and gain are smaller than other types of antennas, and are more susceptible to human body influence.
2. Environmental factors
Environmental factors mainly include paths, density of trees, environmental electromagnetic interference, buildings, weather conditions, and terrain differences. These factors and other parameters directly affect the field strength and coverage of the signal.
3. Other influencing factors
1) The battery power is low. When the battery power is low, the call quality will deteriorate. In severe cases, noise will appear, affecting normal calls.
2) Antenna matching, the frequency band of the antenna is inconsistent with the machine frequency band, and the antenna impedance does not match, which will seriously affect the communication distance. For users, pay attention to tightening the antenna when changing to an antenna. In addition, you cannot use an antenna that is not provided by the manufacturer or an antenna that does not meet the frequency of the machine.
4. The sound quality is good or bad
It mainly depends on the pre-emphasis and de-emphasis circuits. At present, there are more advanced voice processing circuits "application of voice companding circuit and low-level expansion circuit", which have a good effect on fidelity voice.
The communication distance of ordinary walkie-talkies is generally 5-10 kilometers. This is the distance that the general model can reach. Some can reach more than 15 kilometers. Of course, some machines can be even longer with a repeater, which can achieve long distances. Communication brings strong support to work and communication capabilities. However, the communication distance will also be affected by the surrounding environment such as mountains and trees. Environmental factors mainly include paths, tree density, environmental electromagnetic interference, buildings, weather conditions, and terrain differences. These factors and other parameters directly affect the signal. Field strength and coverage.
The public network walkie-talkie relies on CDMA mobile communication technology, and can realize real-time communication across the country without self-built base stations. Breaking the traditional communication limitation caused by distance, the area covered by the national signal allows users to talk freely without borders. For example, the public network walkie-talkie ioutdoor P6 supports all Netcom 4G. Users can choose mobile operators (China Mobile, China Unicom, and Telecom) at will to achieve unlimited distance, clear, and zero-delay intercommunication nationwide.